Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Announcements .....left and right

I'm sure it is because I am more sensitive to the subject now but I feel like baby announcements are popping up all the time!! I have never been a jealous person but now I feel that big green monster boiling up all the time. I very often cry looking at the joy of my friends so blissful and happy announcing their pregnancies without any knowledge of the dark side. I'm so jealous! I should be very pregnant by now or have a cute little baby on my lap. Why can't that be my family posting pictures of little shoes and ultrasounds. Having gender reveal parties and celebrations for this new life. Instead I sit here trying desperately to manage my feelings and be happy for them that they don't have to sit on the dark side. I hope that some day I can find myself again and this ghost of a person I have become can take a hike. 

2 comments:

  1. This has been really hard for me lately too. My hubby's teenage cousin announced her surprise pregnancy and I thought some very ungenerous things, I'm sorry to say. It really does not get easier, either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you control those thoughts and feelings!!! My hubby says you should be happy for them, your sadness can't take away from the joy and good of the situation...... But it soo does......

    ReplyDelete